Thursday, August 21, 2008

Amazing Teenagers


The youth of this world are inundated by evil influences. So many immoral practices are made to appear harmless and acceptable. We are told we should learn to tolerate all kinds of things that really should not be tolerated at all. Our youth get so many mixed messages relating to the choices they should be making, it can be difficult for them to know what is right. Thankfully we have a way to know right from wrong. We have instructions for life given to us by God.

I am blessed to be able to teach a scripture study class for high school age youth. This class starts every weekday at 6:00 AM. Yes, that's right...... 6:00 AM. These youth come to our house everyday before school to study the scriptures. I am just amazed at the strength of these teens to strive to do what is right each and every day. It is quite a lot of work to prepare for these classes daily, but it is so worth it. They make the start of my day so much fun. To be honest, they teach me so much more than I teach them.

This year we will be studying the New Testament. I am excited to study Christ's life and to hopefully convey to my class how much Christ loves each of them. I want them to know without a doubt that they are cherished by our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. My hope, as they leave my class each day, is that they will go to school armored with the strength of God's love for them.

No comments: