
I love my Garden. I love everything about being in my garden. Watching these big beautiful plants come up from such tiny little seeds is such a miracle to me. I love going out to my garden and picking the fresh veggies. I love sharing them with others and of course I love eating them. I think that my love for gardening came from my dad. He loved to plant a garden, although after it was planted, my mom did a lot of the work. My dad was a farmer at heart and after he retired, he and my mom bought a farm and moved to Kentucky. For the next 2 1/2 years he lived his dream of farming. He LOVED that farm. He loved his cows, his chickens, his barns, his tractor and his garden. In 2005, my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer. He began chemo treatments right away but nothing seemed to help. He became too weak to take care of his farm, so he had to sell it. We were all crushed. It was hard for him, and for all of us, because we knew how much he loved his life there. My dad lost his battle against cancer on September 25, 2006. We all miss him so very much, but I'll bet
he has a bigger and better farm in heaven.I guess I love my garden so much, because it makes me feel closer to my dad. I sure do miss him.
No comments:
Post a Comment